Welcome to Moodle!
3. 7 Benefits of eLearning
Why fix it if it is not broken? Why reinvent the wheel?
Many faculty and staff wonder why we should use a LMS? Our LMS, Moodle, provides a lot of really great advantages and benefits for students, faculty, and staff. There are seven clear benefits of eLearning, described below and outlined in the infographic that follows.
7 Benefits of eLearning
- Scalable: Allows instructors to quickly create content and communicate information.
- Capacity and Consistency: Allows instructors to provide consistent communication to all members of the target audience at the same time.
- High Learning Retention: Allows for blended learning, which allows students to have a tailored educational experience, resulting in higher retention rates.
- Saves Time and Money: An LMS allows for classroom instruction outside of a physical classroom, so the cost of running a classroom is eliminated, so is the time and money spent on travel.
- Activity and ROI Measurements: Instructors, and Administrators, can track student progress and efficiently develop reports on performance.
- Reduction of Carbon Footprint: With the use of the tools available in the LMS, printing paper is essentially eliminated.
- Flexible: Students have the opportunity to learn at their own pace and convenience. Instructors and students have the opportunity to work in the classroom from anywhere.