Section: November 5, 2015 | General Education Committee | Home

Main course page
  • Chair, Dr. Cindy Peterson

2015-16

Dean, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences

Voting Members: Scott Koeneman, Behavioral Science & Counseling; Mark Brown, Science & Math; Nancy Damron, School of Education; Elizabeth George, History; Brad King, Health & Exercise Science; Dave Wegley, Business  

Non-voting Members:  Mark Hayse, Christian Ministry & Formation/Honor's Program; Lauren Hays, Learning Commons; Janell Kellum, Registrar

The previous year sections are below the current year blocks. They are currently hidden - but will be made available if we need to reference past actions/discussions.                

November 5, 2015

• November 5, 2015

3:00 pm - Lunn Conf. Rm

Rick Hanson will join us to discuss how our work intersects with FOE (since we are the Learning Dimension Committee).

The minutes of our last meeting are in the Minutes folder.

I posted a link below to KU's experience list for their general core. It's just to get conversation moving. They don't have outcomes stated the way ours are - but the divisions are similar. If you use the tabs at the top to navigate, you will see them.  I'll see what other examples I can find in the CCCU.

I don't want to get the "cart before the horse" - so determining the outcomes/essential questions has to come first. Will check with Pat Walsh about any pertinent data from student surveys that might help us.

I put a blog forum link under the minutes block. If you have suggestions, ideas, or comments, write them in the forum and we can respond. That way if something brilliant comes to your mind - you don't have to wait until the next meeting to share it!