Course: General Education Committee | Home

• Chair, Dr. Cindy Peterson

2015-16

Dean, College of Liberal Arts & Sciences

Voting Members: Scott Koeneman, Behavioral Science & Counseling; Mark Brown, Science & Math; Nancy Damron, School of Education; Elizabeth George, History; Brad King, Health & Exercise Science; Dave Wegley, Business  

Non-voting Members:  Mark Hayse, Christian Ministry & Formation/Honor's Program; Lauren Hays, Learning Commons; Janell Kellum, Registrar

The previous year sections are below the current year blocks. They are currently hidden - but will be made available if we need to reference past actions/discussions.                

• Open all

Close all

• Instructions: Clicking on the section name will show / hide the section.

• Click on the forum link below for a place to post thoughts between meetings.

• 2:30 pm   Lunn Conference Rm

The agenda is below. The minutes are in the folder above.

Thanks for making room in your schedule this week for the meeting.

• HLC Prep Session

There is no formal agenda. Pat Walsh will join and help us think through what the team might ask. The notes will be in the minutes after the meeting.

• 3:00 PM  Lunn Conference Rm

The agenda is below. The minutes are in the folder above. If there are additional items for the agenda, please let me know.

• 3:00 pm   Lunn Conference Rm

Happy New Year! Welcome back to 2nd semester. It will be busy getting ready for the FOE report in March and determining an initial direction for gen ed. The items below are links to information we will review in this meeting. We will begin answering the questions on the FOE Dimensions document under Learning. The links in the FOE block above are the same ones from the previous meeting. However, there is an additional list of fall courses and the D or F percentages. This is also an area under our dimension purview.

The 2013 faculty gen ed survey results are also in the block above. They are loaded onto the FOE site as suggested by Rick Hanson. 

• 3:00 pm  Lunn Conference Rm

The agenda and proposals are below. I'll bring the information about the jr. comp replacement to consider.

• 3:00 pm - Lunn Conf. Rm

Rick Hanson will join us to discuss how our work intersects with FOE (since we are the Learning Dimension Committee).

The minutes of our last meeting are in the Minutes folder.

I posted a link below to KU's experience list for their general core. It's just to get conversation moving. They don't have outcomes stated the way ours are - but the divisions are similar. If you use the tabs at the top to navigate, you will see them.  I'll see what other examples I can find in the CCCU.

I don't want to get the "cart before the horse" - so determining the outcomes/essential questions has to come first. Will check with Pat Walsh about any pertinent data from student surveys that might help us.

I put a blog forum link under the minutes block. If you have suggestions, ideas, or comments, write them in the forum and we can respond. That way if something brilliant comes to your mind - you don't have to wait until the next meeting to share it!

• The agenda will be posted later today. I'm still finalizing some information. The minutes from our September meeting are available in the Minutes block above. We are meeting in Smith Conference Rm -- not Lunn.

• This will be an information and assignment meeting. No proposals for our consideration. The agenda is below along with a copy of the NSSE Spiritual Development Survey Questions/data

• The agenda is below. The minutes of our last meeting (2.12.15) are in the folder in the block above.

Thanks for coming!

• This is a working meeting to continue input on a philosophical framework and alignment of the gen ed outcomes with the strategic plan. The teams will be assigned sections of the Strategic Plan for alignment. The agenda will be posted prior to the meeting. Look over the attached article on revising Gen Ed for the 21st century. Other documents pertinent to our session are below. 

Note about hard copies: I do not have a printing budget for this committee, so I will bring one copy of the grid and outcomes per group. If you wish to have another copy, please print it. Thanks!

• 3:00 pm     Lunn Conference Room

• 3:00 pm  Lunn Conference Rm

The agenda is below. The minutes of the September meeting are in the 2014-15 folder above.